Wednesday 5 May 2010

The Election 2010 - Vote

As promised, I am nailing my colours to the flag.

This is the first election where I genuinely did not know who to vote for. All I know is that I would never vote for the Tory tax cut for double millionaires and their inheritence.

I will keep it simple: I will vote Labour, but have been tempted by the Liberals and their more realistic drug policies. But here is my reasoning for Labour. They have committed to electoral reform, and the more votes they get will strengthen their hand in the possible negotiations to come.

I fear we are heading for a minority Tory administration. Given the choice, frankly, anyone but the Tories will do (Apart from the BNP, but that goes without saying).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan,

    Good to read your blog!

    I had decided on the Lib Dems, but have been impressed by Gordon in the past few days. He went up in my estimations after 'bigotgate'. (That woman *was* a bigot, and at least we got to see a bit of his personality because of what happened!)

    More than that, Labour have done a lot of good things ... Sure Start, minimum wage, writing off poor countries' debts, paternity leave, etc etc.

    That's not to say I agree with everything they've done ... but ... I'm now thinking I should vote Labour tomorrow.

    In fact, I live in safe Labour constituency so whichever way I vote will probably not make much of a difference .... but then if everyone said that ...!

    Anyway, enjoy the drama of tomorrow evening!

    Hope you are well ...

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind words sally.

    it isnt possible to agree with every policy of a particular political party. It is all about a balance isnt it. It is so close to call this year!

    Im up all night tonite awaiting the results, and cant wait !

    speak soon
    dan

    ReplyDelete